Thursday 14 February 2013

Interviews & Hype: “I Have Always Been A Tomboy” - Sexy DJ Babylynn

Meet Linda Jacks a.k.a Sexy DJ Babylynn, #1 Radio and Club DJ in the United Kingdom and Nigeria, also  a radio host and an artist as she talks about her career and lifestyle in this interview with E! 365 at her residence, enjoy.
How did it all started?

It all started like 4-5 years ago, I have always had passion for music, wanting to become a DJ from teen because music was my life and I finally got to the part where I had to fulfill my passion.

Where did the name come from?

A lot of people ask me that all time. Well, Baby is the name my ex gave me, I am Linda and he calls me Baby Lyn.

What is your real name if you use an alias and how old are you?

I am Linda Jacks, I am an adult (smiles) a lady never tells her age.

What gave you the initial push?

I started off as a radio presenter and due to the passion I so much have for music, to pass across to the audience which actually brings pleasure to me was why I had to step up the game.

Where do you live?

I am based in the United Kingdom and Nigeria.

Why do you become a DJ?

I know a lot of people think it is a man’s thing to become a DJ. I have always become a tomboy, doing men’s stuff and being a DJ is proving that a female can be a DJ as I am representing one of the female DJs across the globe hoping people will open arms to accept more female DJs.

Do you always want to become a DJ?

YES! I have always wanted to become a DJ which I am today.

Was it easy to become a DJ?

NO! Due to lots of oppositions, it was never easy at all because it was like a battle which I had to fight my way through the male DJs.

How would you best describe your type of DJ?

I am a Radio and Club DJ.
The ‘worst’ and ‘best’ part of radio work

Worst
Personally for me, I see no worst happenings though you get some funny callers that insults and abuse you on air.

Best
Being able to get across to millions of people at once and being appreciated with what you are doing through the radio.

Funniest thing that happened on air

That is when people called in to my show and ask some really personal questions and I freeze for seconds because I do not know what response is best to give (laughs).

How is radio now compared to when started?

It is improving each day with the modern means of technology and gadgets, spreading the network.

How has it affected your life, negative and positive?

Negative
Being a female DJ, certain people would think you are not the responsible type, with the kind of environment like the clubs where one play, working at nights which I have been able to successfully prove people wrong because I am a mother, I know and do what is right to be done before leaving the for work.

Positive
I get to meet new faces, tour around which I enjoy doing and people appreciates you for what you do.

How good are you in the kitchen?

(Laughs) I am a very good cook, I am a responsible mother.

What countries have you played/put parties at?

Europe, United Kingdom, Nigeria and working on South Africa, Malaysia and United States of America.

What was the first event you ever played at/put on?

The first event is always in my head, it was my birthday, it was a big success and it pushed me on, I got supports from major artistes and entertainment bodies that spiced it up.

What was the first record you bought?

It is an old song, an album by Raphael, in the early 80s.

Out of all the tunes you have, which one ‘never fails’?

Presently, it is Kukere by Iyanya

What is your favourite tune of all time?

Don’t Wanna Be A Player by Joe

When all the partying is over, how do you like to chill out?

I love to unwind quietly, prefer going to the cinema to see a latest movie, staying indoor seeing the movie or listening to my favourite artiste, Joe.

Funniest thing that ever happened at an event?

This is actually a true story (laughs). I was actually invited as a guest to GOP’s Album Launch in Lagos, Nigeria and during the event, the guest speaker was making his speech as I suddenly happen to make eye contact with him, trying to place my head down slowly, I realized that his pant was split open, I saw his flesh and I could not just stop laughing despite that there were cameras and TV media, putting all attention on me.

What are your feelings on the DJs?

I respect and support every DJ, I am proud of what they do and I wish there could be more unity among all DJs.

Other DJs you rate?

DJ Jimmy Jatt, DJ Humility, DJ Roland, Notorious DJ Neptune and DJ Kashif Da Flash to mention a few.

What advice would you give to up and coming DJs?

My piece of advice is that they should stay focused, determined and believe in themselves, do not allow anyone put you down or say negative about what you have passion for.

If you could stage a rave anywhere, where would you choose and why?

Lagos, Nigeria because there is no place like home and why Lagos in particular is because it is the home of entertainment in Nigeria, Lagos is where music, fashion, culture and tradition exhibits most.

How do you see the scene 5-years from now?

Nigeria Entertainment would have taken over completely and major entertainment companies would be urged to invest massively.

If you had a time machine, what year would you go back to and why?

I will turn back the hands of time to 1988 because that would have been the year I was suppose to begin my career as a professional DJ (smiles).

Aside DJing, anything else you would rather do?

Hmmm, YEA! I am planning on adding up acting to my career, I live for entertainment as a whole though.

Anything else you want to say?

(smiles) I have two lovely kids, Randy and Daisy.

Any shout outs you would like to make?

I would like to shout out to my super fans, family, fiancé - Mr. Oluwaseun Elvis K., Jahfizz, E! 365 (laughs), media, bloggers, press and to God Almighty (smiles).

6 comments:

  1. Wao... What a story

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do we get to feel her on air?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I know the real you aaaahhaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ladies... We are taking over!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're just the bomb!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's someone I know and admire so much.... C.I

    ReplyDelete