Wednesday 18 December 2013

Interviews & Hype: "My Friend And I Once Beat Up A Guy For Messing Up" – Actress Anita Joseph

Actress, Anita Joseph, tells Dums Kidd about her career and why she is seen as a controversial actress.
 

Did you eventually see your FJ Cruiser that armed robbers stole?

No. I didn’t even insure the car. It was just two weeks old. I feel sad anytime I remember it. I thank God I am alive. I was with my two nephews when they accosted us. They took us to Ogun State. Anyway, I still thank God.
 
You seem to have moved up in your career.

I thank God. The industry has really been favourable to me in recent times. I have been getting roles.

If you regard acting as a jealous profession, how come you went into music?

There was a time the movie industry wasn’t booming and the jobs were not coming as they should. Kenneth Okonkwo and KOK are my godfathers in the movie industry. I met KOK who told me to explore any other talent I had because the industry wasn’t doing well. My friends advised me to sing since I had the talent.

You featured Flavour in one of your tracks. How did you get him to be a part of it?

Flavour is like an elder brother to me. Where he records his songs is the same place I record mine. It wasn’t difficult getting him on board.

We heard Charles Inojie beat you up recently.

It is a movie, Ukpaka the Troublemaker. It didn’t happen in real life. The likes of Funke Akindele, Nkem Owoh and Amechi Muonagor are in the movie.

We also heard how you and your girlfriend beat up one guy recently, was it also a movie?

No. The guy was messing up, so we beat him up. Something happened, although it is not something I really want to talk about. The guy messed up and we beat him up.

But ladies don’t just beat up somebody…

Well this is different. He messed up and he got beaten up for it. He is not an actor. He said some things about us that we couldn’t take, so he got beaten up for it.

What do you hope to do in the nearest future?

I am going to release my album, get married and settle down.

So you really wish to get married?

Oh yes but not this year.

Who? The footballer?

Yes. We broke up and we came back again. I am not going to tell you his name. All you need to know is that he is based in Holland. He is from Anambra State.

No comments:

Post a Comment